ALL NEW POSTINGS ARE LISTED UNDER 3. NEW POSTINGS, and below
PRIVACY - Simply put, privacy refers to an individual's right to remain anonymous or control who, how, when, and where information that is used to identify them is managed. (source unknown).
STEAL – to take without it's owners consent (this implies REAL consent, not manufactured consent); If the law says it is okay to take someone's property (their information/body parts) without their REAL consent, that just makes it legalized theft
- February 7, 2017 - Faxing Health Information To The Wrong People
- May 6, 2016 - Children Hurt, Dying In The "Care" Of The Politicians And Is Foster Care the New Residential School
- February 23, 2016 - Collecting Information (or Not) - My Story
- February 22, 2016 - A Bit About My Health Story
- February 16, 2016 - Follow the Money
- February 15, 2016 - Genetic Tests
- February 8, 2016 - Another Major Privacy Breach in B.C.
- February 4, 2016 - Using/Patenting Our DNA
- February 3, 2016 - Right To Know Week
- January 28, 2016 - Ploys
- January 27, 2016 - Self-Entitled
- January 16, 2016 - Complicit
- January 15, 2016 - Anonymous (Or Not)
- December 30, 2015 - What Can You Do - Medical
- December 29, 2015 - Our Information Is Not Protected - Part II (added to Jan 06, 2016)
- December 28, 2015 - Some Participants In The Health Ministry Scandals
- December 27, 2015 - Our Information Is Not Protected - Part I (added to Jan 06, 2016)
- December 23, 2015 - What Can You Do - Political - December 22, 2015 - Facade Organizations
- December 21, 2015 - Why I Don't Vote (added to Jan 06, 2016)
- December 20, 2015 - Allowing Political Parties To Know Who Voted (added to Jan 06, 2016)
- October 16, 2015 - Selling/Trading/Bartering
- October 15, 2015 - Translink
- October 10, 2015 - B.C Services Card
- October 9, 2015 - I've Returned (update - Nov. 28, 2015)
This site talks about patients privacy rights (or the lack thereof) in the medical field primarily in British Columbia, Canada. However, after reading/hearing about the issues, out-of-province Canadians have told me that they were going to look into the situation in their own province and, in some cases, visitors to Canada have said that they would look into the situation in their country.
To Contact Christy Clark:
E-mail – email@example.com
Phone – 250-387-1715
or 604-660-2421 and they will put you through to her office toll-free
TDD – 604-775-0303
Elsewhere in B.C.:
Phone – 1-800-663-7867
TDD – 1-800-661-8773
Mailing Address: PO Box 9041
STN PROV GOVT
To promote openness, transparency, accountability and protection of rights we demand that:
(1) The Freedom of Information and Protection of Privacy Act (FOIPPA) be changed so that information may be collected, used and shared only with PATIENT CONSENT.
(2) The public be entitled to know SPECIFICALLY to whom we are consenting to share our information and how much information we are consenting to share. (Specifically means are they computer companies, janitors, food services companies, volunteers, etc., why do they need to access medical information, how much can they access, and is access limited to certain people in the company).
(3) The public be involved in the decision-making regarding the provincial and national medical databases being created; that our written consent be required before putting any information in the databases; that we have the right to say “NO” to putting our information in the databases.
(4) The public be given information on the new committee set up to look into privacy issues in the health sector.
(5) Privacy audits be conducted by an independent organization to ensure compliance by the health sector and the results made public.
We also suggest that one committee be set up to design forms, processes, procedures in the health sector to reduce costs, increase compliance with the law and accountability, and use of best practice techniques, as opposed to the current system where each health authority, and in some cases each hospital/clinic, prepares its own.
Please cc Adrian Dix, NDP Leader at firstname.lastname@example.org.(I'm assuming this is still valid but their website doesn't provide an email address. Or phone 604-430-8600 or 1-888-868-3637
Also please cc anyone else you think appropriate.
I would appreciate a copy of your letter e-mailed to me at email@example.com, and/or please tell me the names of anyone else you think should be cc'd.